Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Superchargers in CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model X with a 100D battery for a year. I frequently travel the I-95 corridor. I have charged at superchargers along the way from Philadelphia to Vermont. Last month, I was traveling to Hartford, CT and stopped at a supercharger on northbound I-95 in Darien, CT. The two superchargers were not working. I had to travel on to the Milford, CT superchargers on I-95. When I initially plugged in my vehicle it started to charge normally. It lasted for maybe ten minutes and then a notice came up that I should unplug and try to plug back in. I repeated this several times but then called Tesla. I was informed by Tesla that the superchargers were both working fine and the problem was with my vehicle. I was informed that I should proceed to the Milford Tesla to have my vehicle examined. I received an answering machine at the service center so I instead proceeded to the Boston Post Rd supercharger location in Milford, CT. I was able to charge my vehicle without further incident. I drove to my destination and returned to my home with no problems charging. I took the car in for its 24k maintenance and was informed by the service center that there was no issue with the car charging. This seemed to be fine until this weekend. I was returning home after a trip to Hartford. I stopped at the Greenwich, CT supercharger on the southbound Merritt Parkway. I have never had an issue charging my vehicle there. There was a model S charging in one of the four stalls. As soon as I plugged my car into the supercharger the same issue developed. I was unable to charge my car. The other person was unable to charge if my vehicle was plugged into the charger. I called TESLA and the representative seemed to indicate this time that the issue was the supercharger. I drove to the next supercharger in New York and charged without issue. There were eventually 6 cars charging in the 12 available stalls. I was wondering if anyone else has had issue with charging at superchargers along the Eastern corridor? Does it indicate that there may be a problem with my vehicle's battery if the initial person in the model S could charge when my vehicle was. unplugged? If the issue is with the superchargers than why doesn't Tesla address them? I usually avoid the I-95 superchargers because they are out or charging slowly. I had never had a problem on the Merritt until last weekend.

The Darien and Milford issues were reported elsewhere on the forums.
Not sure what the traffic situation was at the time you hit these chargers
but depending upon how empty you are it may be advantageous to make
a U-turn to the opposite direction.

/Ed

I have a 2017 Model X with a 100D battery for a year. I frequently travel the I-95 corridor. I have charged at superchargers along the way from Philadelphia to Vermont. Last month, I was traveling to Hartford, CT and stopped at a supercharger on northbound I-95 in Darien, CT. The two superchargers were not working. I had to travel on to the Milford, CT superchargers on I-95. When I initially plugged in my vehicle it started to charge normally. It lasted for maybe ten minutes and then a notice came up that I should unplug and try to plug back in. I repeated this several times but then called Tesla. I was informed by Tesla that the superchargers were both working fine and the problem was with my vehicle. I was informed that I should proceed to the Milford Tesla to have my vehicle examined. I received an answering machine at the service center so I instead proceeded to the Boston Post Rd supercharger location in Milford, CT. I was able to charge my vehicle without further incident. I drove to my destination and returned to my home with no problems charging. I took the car in for its 24k maintenance and was informed by the service center that there was no issue with the car charging. This seemed to be fine until this weekend. I was returning home after a trip to Hartford. I stopped at the Greenwich, CT supercharger on the southbound Merritt Parkway. I have never had an issue charging my vehicle there. There was a model S charging in one of the four stalls. As soon as I plugged my car into the supercharger the same issue developed. I was unable to charge my car. The other person was unable to charge if my vehicle was plugged into the charger. I called TESLA and the representative seemed to indicate this time that the issue was the supercharger. I drove to the next supercharger in New York and charged without issue. There were eventually 6 cars charging in the 12 available stalls. I was wondering if anyone else has had issue with charging at superchargers along the Eastern corridor? Does it indicate that there may be a problem with my vehicle's battery if the initial person in the model S could charge when my vehicle was. unplugged? If the issue is with the superchargers than why doesn't Tesla address them? I usually avoid the I-95 superchargers because they are out or charging slowly. I had never had a problem on the Merritt until last weekend.
Yeah this wasn't your car I had the same issue with both my 3 and loaner S at Milford north

See discussion here

Supercharger - Milford CT

The Darien and Milford issues were reported elsewhere on the forums.
Not sure what the traffic situation was at the time you hit these chargers
but depending upon how empty you are it may be advantageous to make
a U-turn to the opposite direction.

/Ed
Sorry, I am new to the forum. If they have had issues as I suspected why has no one addressed them?