Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Tesla Service Centre in Montreal (Ferrier Street)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that that there are 2 SC at the Tesla Service Centre in Montreal that are listed as being open to the general public. In Toronto, for example, while the Lawrence service center has SC, they are almost always full with either service cars, etc.

Is it the same in Montreal, or is it a viable option for a Sunday evening (for example) charge prior to a Monday morning return to Toronto?

TIA (thx in advance)

AFAIK they are not listed as public on any official Tesla media. They may be on Plugshare or other 3rd-party apps.

You guessed it. It usually is difficult to access those two units, though you can get lucky sometimes. They were public for about a year and half after opening in 2015, but became unofficial and semi-private once larger sites in the Montreal area opened like the one in Cote-Vertu.

Thx. I will swing by Sunday evening and check it out. Looks like it is very close to OJ. (Fond memories of that parking lot - bought tickets off of a scalper in that parking lot for the last game ever at the Forum).
If they are blocked, you could possibly park in the service alley. Never tried, but might work.

7627E1C8-DC66-4B57-AD50-1D3FC0F6FFDD.jpeg 7627E1C8-DC66-4B57-AD50-1D3FC0F6FFDD.jpeg
AFAIK they are not listed as public on any official Tesla media. They may be on Plugshare or other 3rd-party apps.

Found this on the Tesla web site.

Reactions: MarcoRP
30591458-986B-417D-882F-8D5D1F9B7CBA.jpeg
F05AE546-0844-440A-BA81-7BB8D96B425A.jpeg

The Montreal service center looks like the lower picture, with the four parking spots in front of the glass on the right of the lower picture being charging spots. From left to right they are HPWC, HPWC, SC, SC. The upper picture is my X charging at the furthest right SC, next to the alley that leads to the service bay doors, and where they stagger their loaners, when they have them.
Those aren’t the only chargers either, there are at least four more HPWC’s inside the service bays, so I think the exterior chargers are used only for charging cars that are being picked up.

If you go there, make sure you set your suspension to high when you enter the parking lot, when I was there last year they had some wicked potholes on their entrance/exit ramp.

Reactions: MarcoRP