Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my car just updated a few days ago to v11 and now I have charge stats in my Tesla app. Cool. My question is how do I get charging at work to show. I can see my charging at home, supercharging and other but charging at work always shows as zero yet I charge at work every day. I have my work address set in my navigation. Am I missing something? Or a setting? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

if you have very weak cell signal for your car while at work, sometimes it will show up as "other". Ive only EVER charged mine at my house in my garage. And I have like, 3% showing as "other" for charging location.

I checked the vehicle location when I arrived at work this morning and it shows up correct in the app as well as in the vehicle. It matches the address that has been entered for the work location in the navigation system.
Any other ideas?

It depends. Sometimes it has one bar and sometimes 2. My location shows up correctly in the app though when I’m at work so I doubt that’s impacting location data.
Can anyone else shed any light on this? Anyone else having this issue? No matter what I do I can’t get “at work” charging to show. It always shows as “other” when I charge at work.
I have rebooted car several times, deleted my work address in nav and re added it, removed app from my iPhone and reinstalled, confirmed the address displays correctly in the app before I plug my car in at work, and I even changed my electricity rates at work location in the app to see if that makes a difference. No matter what I do I can’t get it to work. Charging at home is fine, supercharging is fine and everything else displays as other. Can’t get work to work.
Your help is appreciated. This is driving me mental.

I have never stored any of my location on car so can’t give you a solution. But you keep saying you “added a address”, can’t you just set a pin on the map where your car does charge and make this as your “work address”? Perhaps this is more precise and the charging will appear as “work”?

I have never stored any of my location on car so can’t give you a solution. But you keep saying you “added a address”, can’t you just set a pin on the map where your car does charge and make this as your “work address”? Perhaps this is more precise and the charging will appear as “work”?
I also tried doing this (forgot to mention it in my above post). It doesn’t work either.

I’ve also tried driving to work using the nav and hoping that would trigger something when I got there but that doesn’t work either.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It’s driving me crazy. I just checked my X and it’s not showing charging at work either. Both vehicles only show charging at work as “other”.
Both the S and the X are on 2022.8.10.1
Rebooted both (several times) by holding down both thumb wheels and foot on break.
Did a deep reset by changing wheels and then a second time to change them back.
I have confirm the work addresses in nav are correct for both mine and my wife’s profiles. Home addresses are correct as well.
Opened the app before charging and confirmed the address showing under vehicle location is correct for work.
Even used the nav to drive all the way to work before charging.
The vehicles have either 1 or 2 bars of cell service when at work. Depends on the day.
Removed the app and reinstalled.

Nothing works. All charging done at work shows up as “other”.

It’s really frustrating. I’m hoping someone else has had this issue and was able to fix it and can offer some help.

The only thing I can think is it must be a bug in 2022.8.10.1 because it happens on both vehicles.

Just as an FYI chargers at work are Tesla Gen 2 HPWC. Not that I think that matters.

I have the same problem. This new Charge Stats section of the app is a wonderful concept to measure usage -- the first I've seen in 9+ years of Model S ownership. But, like you, my app, inflexibly and precisely, classifies my Work charging as Other.

Another wrinkle for me is that the app doesn't recognize the Work location (actually a summer home) I've had for many years -- but the Nav system handles it flawlessly. In addition, the default setting for Work usage assumes Illinois utility rates, while my Work address is actually 180 miles away, in Indiana.

It strikes me that the simple fix would be for a smart tech in Fremont to flip a switch and re-assign all of my 220v Other charging at that Indiana source to Work..

Maybe this is simply a handshake problem between Apple and Google mapping, but I'd be happy to become part of the solution, for both of us.

I have tried absolutely everything and I still can’t get it to work properly. It still shows up as other.
I can follow my nav all the way to work and the address in the app and in the car displays properly but it still shows as other. It’s really frustrating.
I was hoping a software update would have fixed it but I went through an update again last week and it still doesn’t work.

do you have work setup as an address in the nav? like if you click work does it route you there? it could be that is why its not registering because it doesn't know where work is.
I only charge at home or with a SC so when i visit my mom it shows up as other but that's the ONLY other so its pretty easy to identify. Next time i go up there i'll set her address as work and see if it registers as work instead of other.

do you have work setup as an address in the nav? like if you click work does it route you there? it could be that is why its not registering because it doesn't know where work is.
I only charge at home or with a SC so when i visit my mom it shows up as other but that's the ONLY other so its pretty easy to identify. Next time i go up there i'll set her address as work and see if it registers as work instead of other.
Yes I have my correct work address in my nav and yes it takes me to the correct location and yes the address shows up correctly in the Tesla app.

Yes I have my correct work address in my nav and yes it takes me to the correct location and yes the address shows up correctly in the Tesla app.

hi there,
I own model Y and have a same problem. Charge stat works at home, SC and others. But work location is showing as “Other”. I have set work location in nav a few times. Does it have to be tesla charger (at work) to show work location?
Also did a test, I setup exclude sentry mode at work so I would see if tesla recognise that Im at work. And it did. So not sure why is it not showing charging at work.
Sorry not much help :) but was hoping if anyone has a solution.