Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging/Battery Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BonB

May 2, 2022
CA
Hi,

First of all, my apology if a similar inquiry has been posted previously but I couldn't seem to find it.

I am just wondering if it's recommended to charge Model X (Refreshed/2022) daily even if I don't drive it daily. For example, I have it fully charged (at 90% threshold) last night and I don't plan to drive it the whole day today, do I need still to charge it today?

Thank you.

Hi,

First of all, my apology if a similar inquiry has been posted previously but I couldn't seem to find it.

I am just wondering if it's recommended to charge Model X (Refreshed/2022) daily even if I don't drive it daily. For example, I have it fully charged (at 90% threshold) last night and I don't plan to drive it the whole day today, do I need still to charge it today?

Thank you.
The recommended procedure is to have the vehicle always plugged in. Disconnect the cord to drive, but otherwise leave it plugged in. The battery is always draining even when parked for days.

Reactions: Genie and BonB