Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging below set battery limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is my battery not charging to my set limit. For example, I have it set to 80% but when I wake up I see it usually around 78% charging complete.
This is not an issue. It could be due to the Tesla vehicle recomputing the state of charge based on the temperature of the battery. (I will charge to 90% and about half the time the Tesla vehicle will stop charging while displaying 89% state of charge.)

Since the holiday update my car isn't charging to my limit (85%). It once stopped at 75% and last night stopped at 80%. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm thinking of setting the car (not the app) to 100% and see if it fully charges. Then let it drain and then set to 85 again and see if it sticks.

Since the holiday update my car isn't charging to my limit (85%). It once stopped at 75% and last night stopped at 80%. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm thinking of setting the car (not the app) to 100% and see if it fully charges. Then let it drain and then set to 85 again and see if it sticks.
Does anyone else have the Tesla app installed on their phone, with access to the Tesla Model Y. It could be that the second Tesla app has different charge settings.

Reactions: Dewg