Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging between Bairnsdale (Vic) & Batemans Bay (NSW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - planning a road trip including from Bairnsdale (Vic) to Batemans Bay (NSW) in Jan 2022 in a 2021 3 SR+.

Plugshare & Chargefox show this as a blackhole for charging so i doubt i would make the distance unless i drive at 50 klm/hr. any ideas? I seem to remember the Cann River WC block has a 10A plug on the wall, thats getting a bit desperate though....

Bairnsdale to Bega on the way to Batemans Bay looks really sketchy in a SR+. There don't appear to be any established backup locations to charge if you come up short. ABRP says you might arrive with 1% battery if you drive Max 88kph. Not fun.

The other sure way to make the trip is through Ovens-Wodonga-Gundagai-Canberra Superchargers. However, that turns the 475km trip into 824km.

yes it looks a bit poor - what was Matt Kean doing as environment minister? the ACT route is there but as you state its a lot longer..... I suspect we will be staying with friends / family along the way and doing the 10A charge overnight - tedious but better than 824klm. also we are not exactly in a hurry.
I'll report back after it, the 10A plug at Cann river is looking good!

• Informative
Reactions: pts260
Missed this thread as most action is in the main Australia forum..

Yes there is currently a dearth of DC chargers between CTR Sale and NRMA Bega.

Tesla had a Bairnsdale/Lakes Entrance charger due in Q4 2021 but it was a miss, and the Vic govt has recently awarded a grant to Evie for 50+kW chargers along the route (including Lakes Entrance, Orbost and Cann River)

In an SR+ and even more so a 2019/20 SR+ you'll have to rely on AC topups - and even that is pretty sparse.

well we did it. 2021 SR+ with 4 people and lots of baggage. bairnsdale to bega with a slight (3kwh) 10A top up at merimbula. arrived with 4% battery. averaged 120whr/klm for this section.

had to knock on a few doors before someone understood what we wanted and was keen to help.

once there is a charger at (say) the border this trip will be no problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Nobody Famous