Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging between Billings and Rapid City superchargers - help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad they had a change of heart--originally were asking 20-25 bucks for non-guests. Great to hear!
Maybe it was just the person I talked to then. I will say, dont rely on the 14-50 in Gillette, at the Hospital. Someone had that one on plug share and stated security gave the go ahead. Turns out, they padlocked it BECAUSE people were charging their EV's on it!!!

I will say, dont rely on the 14-50 in Gillette, at the Hospital. Someone had that one on plug share and stated security gave the go ahead. Turns out, they padlocked it BECAUSE people were charging their EV's on it!!!
That's weird and too bad. The hospital's community relations person gave her blessing for travelers headed to the Custer meet knowing that Gillette will be getting a supercharger in the not-too-distant future. A TMC member orchestrated that option--perhaps they could clarify the policy.

My son was passing through Gillette and tried to get a charge at the hospital's 14-50; paid his $20 contribution and then had nothing but trouble. The maintenance guy replaced the breaker after it tripped repeatedly, but the replacement was not much better. Son left after two-plus hours having added less than 20 Rated miles, and limped on to Sheridan.

My son was passing through Gillette and tried to get a charge at the hospital's 14-50; paid his $20 contribution and then had nothing but trouble. The maintenance guy replaced the breaker after it tripped repeatedly, but the replacement was not much better. Son left after two-plus hours having added less than 20 Rated miles, and limped on to Sheridan.
Sorry to hear that, Steve. Sounds like Crazy Woman campground is probably the next logical choice. I believe it's very close to the hospital.