Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging beyond 90% and long term effects...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3. Driving below 50% generates more heat for a given power output than driving at over 50%, so I'm not confident that charging to 50% and then driving is actually all that good for the battery. If you're away for some time, setting the slider to 50% is good for the battery.
That's why the Model S thermally manages the pack. The battery pack heating up is irrelevant because the vehicle will always keep the temperature from rising beyond a certain threshold. Drive it below 50% all you want, the car takes care of everything. I see no need to over analyze this.

Reactions: David99 and msnow
That's why the Model S thermally manages the pack. The battery pack heating up is irrelevant because the vehicle will always keep the temperature from rising beyond a certain threshold. Drive it below 50% all you want, the car takes care of everything. I see no need to over analyze this.
I mostly agree with this although I'd tend to take it easy when the SOC metre is no longer green.