Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging cable recommendations please?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve decided to go for the Easee One charger, but it doesn’t come with a cable.

I’m looking for a good quality 10m straight Type 2 cable in black.

Would be grateful for any recommendations please?

I got mine from evChargeking

Any length you want and can have the button handle so you can open/unlock the charge port from the plug.

They were super helpful and communicative with me, BUT I will say its not the cheapest and you do run the risk of being stung with import tax. I got done once in 2 cables.

Any length you want and can have the button handle so you can open/unlock the charge port from the plug.

They were super helpful and communicative with me, BUT I will say its not the cheapest and you do run the risk of being stung with import tax. I got done once in 2 cables.
Thanks for your recommendation Bill. Do you know if the button works with others chargers or only with the Tesla charger?
I’ve gone for the Easee One, but really would like the button. I’ve seen mods you can do, but not keen to take the risk of modding a connector with all that juice flowing.

Thanks for your recommendation Bill. Do you know if the button works with others chargers or only with the Tesla charger?
I’ve gone for the Easee One, but really would like the button. I’ve seen mods you can do, but not keen to take the risk of modding a connector with all that juice flowing.

The button is just to open the cars charge flap and then unlock the cable when removing. So only works on Tesla mate.

Reactions: Moorman

My experience with EV ChargeKings button cable was poor. After a year it failed and I sent it back for repair (dealt with quickly) then it failed again once it was out of warranty in such a way that it was not working but also stopping the charging. It all seemed to be due to water ingress, the handle design isn't very good.

Better option is a regular cable and a keyfob.

My experience with EV ChargeKings button cable was poor. After a year it failed and I sent it back for repair (dealt with quickly) then it failed again once it was out of warranty in such a way that it was not working but also stopping the charging. It all seemed to be due to water ingress, the handle design isn't very good.

Oh dear...well I will have to hope that you have been super unlucky because if not, my time might be about to arrive lol. I've had my cable for about 14 months and use it almost every day, outside on the driveway in all weathers.

The button is just to open the cars charge flap and then unlock the cable when removing. So only works on Tesla mate.
😁 Yes I get that. My question was whether it only works with the Tesla wall charger or will work with other chargers like the Easee One I’m planning to get. Wasn’t sure if the Tesla charger sends a special voltage or signal to the button that other chargers don’t do?

Thanks anyway!

• Funny
Reactions: Billbrown1982

Thanks for your thoughts G.