Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging cable slow to release. problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past few months I have noticed that that when I push the button to release the charging cable it turns white, I hear a noise but it doesn't release. I either have to repeatedly push the button or hold it down for 10s or so to get it to release. Same thing happens if I try to release using the button by the charge port on the car. I wasn't sure if it was the cable or my car, but this morning I quickly stopped at a supercharger and it did the same thing, so it's likely the car. Has anybody had their charge port go bad and have to be replaced. I'm worried I'll end up stuck somewhere so will probably make an appointment to get it fixed.

Your solenoid might be going bad? When u hear the click. That is the lever retracting so u can pull it out. It is easy to change. I changed mine, they said it was bad, it was the sw. The door, magnet fell off, I changed that. I have spare just in case. If it was stuck. If you pull the connector off, it should release the lever. Its naturally open.

Attachments

• 20190602_120038.jpg
    20190602_120038.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 89
That a look at this entry...
may be a similar issue, but something we all need to be aware of.