TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging cables to buy and dual charger option?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by garethmchau, Feb 5, 2016.

1. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Hi all, seeking your advice here please as I can't seem to find the answer in the forums here. What charging cables come with the Model S? Presumably I'll get a cable to plug into the Tesla chargers and I'll get one for carparks but what type is it as there are so many different standards? I don't have charging facilities in my car park and plan to use the Supercharger in the mall next to me and park in Central either at Star Ferry or Cheung Kong Centre. Would you recommend I buy any extra cables from Tesla do you think? And do I need to order the dual charging option too?

Many thanks for your advice in advance.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Tesla's website shows the cable and adapters that come with the Model S. See Charging | Tesla Motors Watch the video on that page.
    You do not need to buy a cable to connect to a Tesla Supercharger.
    There is a thread on whether or not to buy one or two onboard chargers. It seems to be an endless debate. Search the forums.

3. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Thanks ecarfan. This is helpful but I'm looking for more HK specific advice particularly in respect of the car parks I'll be using as I don't whether I need further adapters for the j1772 cable in Hong Kong. Dual charging may be different for a place like HK compared to US too. Thanks anyway

4. samleemc

samleemc Member

Hi, what do you have in terms of charing facilities in Cheung Kong Centre? I believe it will help if you can find out what do they have in place first.

5. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

From the plugshare website:
    Star Ferry Car Park

Ports
    CHAdeMO DCFC, Tesla HPWC (Model S), 2 Mennekes (Type 2)s, Wall Outlet (EuroPlug)

Address
    9 Edinburgh Place, Central, Hong Kong, 999077

Citibank Plaza

Ports
    2 Wall Outlet (EuroPlug)s

Address
    3 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong