Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging - Canberra to Hay, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

I did a trip to Sydney last weekend to get used to charging, but now I want to go from Canberra to Hay, NSW. There is a Supercharger at Gundagai and some 22KW ones in Wagga, but then the next is off the main road (detour via Griffith) and then onto Hay... I want to do the trip but not have to detour to Griffith, but also worried about the distance between Wagga and Hay! Anyone done this trip?

Any suggestions for taking this beast "outback"??

PS, my brother (in NZ) was so envious of me getting a Tesla - he just bought one

There are a couple of apps that will help sort all of this out.

Plugshare and A Better Route Planner. They are very good. They are on both app stores for your smartphone.

ABRP will let you enter custom energy consumption data for your car to give you the best idea for making plans.

Hey Everyone,

I did a trip to Sydney last weekend to get used to charging, but now I want to go from Canberra to Hay, NSW. There is a Supercharger at Gundagai and some 22KW ones in Wagga, but then the next is off the main road (detour via Griffith) and then onto Hay... I want to do the trip but not have to detour to Griffith, but also worried about the distance between Wagga and Hay! Anyone done this trip?

Any suggestions for taking this beast "outback"??

PS, my brother (in NZ) was so envious of me getting a Tesla - he just bought one

Isn't there a NRMA 50kW DC fast charger in Wagga Wagga, Neranderra and Hay. Should be fine for getting you there and back. If a little slower than a super charger. I'd top up to 80% at all of them just incase one of them isn't working.