Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Control via App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Yesterday, I plugged in my M3P and put it on charge.

I was using PodPoint which you have to register the charge within 15 mins. I did this but there was a problem with the podpoint network - their customer support team told me it wont stop sending the charge so nothing to worry about.

However, after about an hour, I got a "charging interrupted" message on my phone. I remember in the past, if you forget to register the charge within 15 mins on the podpoint app, it stops sending charge and so you get this message on the Tesla App.

But after which you register the charge with Podpoint, the Tesla app won't allow you to "start charge" (restart).

Its never worked on my 2020 M3P or my 2022 M3P - so it could be an app issue?

Has anyone else faced this issue or can you re-start a charge (after charging prior - which stops for whatever reason) with your Tesla app?

Connected to this, I was speaking to a colleague in Sweden and he said that his Tesla stopped charging around the same time as mine - which made me think could it be a SW Update issue as we are on the same version....or am I looking too deep into it?

I've never had this with PodPoint. Nor the network error.

It does sound similar to what used to happen with BT Pulse though. They'd take £15 as soon as you activated the charger, and once that £15 ran out it would automatically stop, even if you wanted to charge further.