Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny - I started this thread and ended up not getting the Model 3. Ended up getting a refresh 2021 Model S last week. :)

Is there an recommended iPhone/iPad app or a way to figure out how much my charging is costing me and trips too?

Thank you everyone for the help!
Teslafi once you tell it your utility rate will compute each charge to the penny.
If you look at my electric bill it says my rate is 11c per KWH, however if you divide total bill by KWH used, you get .14C per KWH.
Seems AVERAGE US residential rate is 13.31c Per KWH Electricity Rates in the United States (December 2021) – Electric Choice

The other interesting thing about Teslafi is it seems to give actual efficiency of the charge to give an honest cost to charge, by that I’m saying if the car used 20KWH, it’s going to take more than 20 KWH to charge as nothing is 100% efficient
Screenshot of our charges.
It’s pretty easy to see that on average it cost us about $3 to drive our model 3 100 miles, where to drive our Miata (25 mpg, so four gallons x $3.50 per gl cost $14 per 100 miles) 2005 Mazda MAZDASPEED MX-5 Miata Gas Mileage, MPG, and Fuel Economy Ratings | Autobytel.com

I’ve never Supercharged, but it’s my understanding that it’s orders of magnitude more expensive, and likely much less efficient too. It has to take a lot of power to heat 1,000 lbs of batteries fo prepare them for Supercharging

Attachments

• 4D0737A8-F7AD-414C-B076-9396A11F89F0.png
    4D0737A8-F7AD-414C-B076-9396A11F89F0.png
    858.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited: