Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging difference between app and car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I charge my 2013 ms to 65% daily. It normally charges to 151 miles on the tesla app and also in the car. These last two days the app read 151 miles and the car read 156 miles. Never saw the difference before. Have the latest updates on the car and the Tesla app.
Has anyone seen thes difference? Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Are you sure you waited for the app to connect to the car and update? When you first open the app, it will often show the values it had when it last connected to the car and then when it connects to the car, it updates. You probably know that though. Thus if there is a problem connecting to the car, you see old info. Some people report it takes as much as 30 seconds or more to connect to the car, yet I have never seen that kind of delay. Mine connects in about 5 seconds. And no, I have never seen a difference between the app and the car during my 2 years of having it.

Neither have I. What I saw on my phone in the am would be what I saw when I stepped into the car. I charge in the garage so temperature should have little to do with it. I finish charging at 03:00 in the am and in the car by 05:30. Phone tells me the charge status at end of charge. Never saw this before.
Thanks for your insight.