TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging does not auto-start (needs app)?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by neldar, Dec 30, 2019.

1. neldar

neldar New Member

Here's the situation: the public charging stations near me are almost always full. I park next to the car charging and plug in my adapter, then leave a note asking the owner to plug me in when they are finished. When they eventually plug me in, charging does NOT automatically start. If I check the car from the app then it wakes up and starts charging right away. But I have no way of knowing when that person plugged me in so I'm constantly checking the app.

Situation 2: My wife works early on Mondays and arrives at a public charger before it is activated (the public charger only provides power during the hours of 6AM to midnight). She arrives before 6AM and plugs in the J-1172 plug and adapter. Charging does not start since power is not yet being supplied. At 6AM when power turns on, charging does not automatically start. Again, as soon as I check on the car via the app, it wakes up and starts charging at that very moment.

Is there a setting I'm missing? I just want charging to start as soon as power is delivered. I don't want to have to wake up the car via the app for charging to start. I never set a schedule for charging....should I?

Thanks for any advice.