Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging door won't open, mobile service scheduled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Situation as title. It is painful as this is the Nth problem I have since the used delivery. It is still under warranty,

Without asking me for further details, the service center ordering the charging door for me. The part was ordered 3 days ago and hasn't arrived. Thus, they pushed back my mobile service.

Does anyone have similar service experience? Do you want to share how they fixed it?

Be patient. I think my door was on order for around two months, the installation delayed twice because the part wasn't available. Just gently force it open until then.

The fix is a new door/door motor. I'm not sure if the charging port itself is part of the parts being replaced.

Had mine replaced yesterday. I was amazed that the mobile technician is very considerate. I used tape to seal the charging door and it left some tape residue when we took it off for service. The technician cleaned the residue before leaving.

This happened to me for the first time randomly this weekend. I light smacked the charge port a few times with my hand and it opened...hoping it doesn't happen again. Thought I'd share in case you'd like to give the good old whack a try if not done already.