Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging equipment not recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting the error “Charging equipment not recognized” on my MY-LR.

I’ve tried everything. Resetting the car, unplugging the connector/switching adapters, resetting the breaker.

The connector shows up in standby mode but does not work when plugged in.

My closest Service Center is around a two hour drive so I would like to avoid it.

Right now I’m going to a supercharger and going to get to 90% (car is currently at 19%) and I will deal with it in the morning.

What should I do about this? The car works when supercharging but not using mobile connectors.

Attachments

• D41A328B-7E0C-480F-88B6-FA169E40A88F.jpeg
    D41A328B-7E0C-480F-88B6-FA169E40A88F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 311
And, if not, check Plugshare for public level 2 charging (J1772 or Tesla wall connector ("destination charger")). Be sure to set your filters correctly.

If not, as a last resort, you could enable displaying residential "chargers" to see if anyone can let you use theirs briefly to test. Bring your SAE J1772 Charging Adapter adapter along if you plan to use J1772.

Last edited:
I tried using my neighbours mobile connector and it worked, it has to be something wrong with the connector.

When I received it the box was open and looked pretty dented. I’m wondering if something happened during shipping.
Well that's useful information. So has your mobile connector ever worked? Did you happen to see if your mobile connector worked on the neighbor's 14-50 plug - assuming that's what they're using?

Well that's useful information. So has your mobile connector ever worked? Did you happen to see if your mobile connector worked on the neighbor's 14-50 plug - assuming that's what they're using?
My mobile connector didn’t work at first, it gave me the same error. But then I switched adapters, and it worked.

I did try to use my neighbours plug and it still didn’t work. The status lights show standby but it still dosent work.