Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Charging Equipment Reports Problem"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new-ish Wall Connector that was installed several months ago during a major renovation of my house. I moved back into the house about 2.5 months ago. I'm not driving much (COVID), so I rarely need to charge, but until yesterday I'd had no issues when I did charge. Yesterday, when I was driving I noticed the charge was lower than expected, so I plugged in when I returned home. Shortly after plugging in, I walked by the car and noticed the light around the charging port was red. I just disconnected and didn't think much of it. It happened again today, so I immediately looked at the dash. I saw "Charging Equipment Reports Problem" before the warning message went away. Anyone else have this happen to them? Thanks!

It is recommended that when you see a red error light, you power off the Wall Connector by switching off the upstream circuit breaker, and then power it back on again. Solid Red means that there's an internal fault. This could mean that the wall connector itself is bad and may need to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.