Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging error message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I picked up my Tesla yesterday and I love it. I’m going to preface this by saying I know nothing about electrical work. I had an electrician install the 14-50 adaptor last week. When I plug my Model 3 in it automatically defaults to the max 32 AMP charge, but I get an error message shortly after saying that the cable is hot and that the charge rate will be reduced. It usually decreases to 8 amps. If I manually adjust the rate to 15 amps it will comfortably charge there. If I push it to 20 it gives me the error messages again after a few minutes and the amps decrease again. I’m really lost, but what steps should I take to trouble shoot this? Any help is much appreciated.

8E1787B8-C128-42E5-85D3-F702ACF4EB4C.png

Update as of 7:20pm. The electrician came by and we contacted Tesla charging support. Looks like the install was correct, they are now updating the software on the charger itself to see if it will solve the issue. I’ll keep you guys posted

Update as of 7:20pm. The electrician came by and we contacted Tesla charging support. Looks like the install was correct, they are now updating the software on the charger itself to see if it will solve the issue. I’ll keep you guys posted
Did you figure it out, any update? I am getting the same error.

Attachments

• 0AF21967-C965-4256-BC6E-5E8C813CD704.jpeg
    0AF21967-C965-4256-BC6E-5E8C813CD704.jpeg
    749.6 KB · Views: 62