Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Errors While Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get error messages saying "charging equipment not recognized" and "charging equipment not recognized" while I am driving, so I'm not even trying to charge. Car is charging fine, at home and using a supercharger when away from home. I've had the charge port replaced 2x and Tesla is recommended to replace it again. I have also had a wiring harness replaced. I still get the errors, but not as frequent. For awhile, I could not drive the car because it was beeping at me every minute. Anyone else with this issue

I get error messages saying "charging equipment not recognized" and "charge port requires service" while I am driving, so I'm not even trying to charge. Car is charging fine, at home and using a supercharger when away from home. I've had the charge port replaced 2x and Tesla is recommended to replace it again. I have also had a wiring harness replaced. I still get the errors, but not as frequent. For awhile, I could not drive the car because it was beeping at me every minute. Anyone else with this issue

I get error messages saying "charging equipment not recognized" and "charging equipment not recognized" while I am driving, so I'm not even trying to charge. Car is charging fine, at home and using a supercharger when away from home. I've had the charge port replaced 2x and Tesla is recommended to replace it again. I have also had a wiring harness replaced. I still get the errors, but not as frequent. For awhile, I could not drive the car because it was beeping at me every minute. Anyone else with this issue
I had that error once, it never came back. Also had charge plug over temperature error once too.