Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging etiquette

dgpcolorado

high altitude member
Apr 25, 2015
The Western Slope, Colorado
A modest proposal:

Newer superchargers tend to have a "drive in" stall. For those cars with a bike rack there is a simple way to charge: drive in. Backing in, I would think, is more difficult if not impossible. I never use the " drive in " unless it is the last stall. Since I don't have a rack, am I making a problem that doesn't exist? Is this another courtesy to extend to other Tesla drivers? Or, again, do I have too much time on my hands?
I also don't use the single drive in stall when it is available, for the same reason: cars with trailers or bike racks might need it. Not that I've ever seen either at Supercharger stations thus far (my Supercharging count is up to 132, so I've Supercharged a lot, albeit mostly on remote less-traveled routes).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC