Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging facility at Marathon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I happen to be staying in Marathon all this week and have discovered a 120v outlet right near the Holiday Inn Express (by the Tarpon Creek Marina behind the hotel). Of course it's only 3 mph charge rate but it's better than nothing and very convenient if you are staying here for an extended time. The hotel itself is quite new, I think it was opened in 2011. I often have to stay here as it's one of our company used hotels. I got talking to their maintenance guy and he seemed quite keen to get a 240v hookup installed at the hotel. I mentioned to him if they did that, they'd get a lot more EV users staying here. He also mentioned that Tesla came here and did a presentation for installing a Supercharger in their parking lot not long ago. It would be a perfect location IMO. I've mentioned it already to the hotel staff and maybe if we collectively let the hotel management know, they'll be more responsive?

I've added the location on Plugshare:

PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find the nearest location to charge your electric car!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon - Marathon, Florida

I've stayed at that Holiday Inn Express four times in the last two months. Talked to the Manager twice about EV charging. She said it was in the works.

If you plan, on using the 120v outlet, park in the space as early as you can. The Tarpon Grill parking space by the 120v outlet can be occupied by a hotel customer staying all night. The manager at the Tarpon Grill asked me to wait until they closed at 11pm to plug in. Didn't want anyone to trip over the Mobil Connector cord.

If there is a Marina behind the hotel, I'd also be asking the marina about purchasing some "Shore Power" - they may have NEMA 14-50 already.
Could be good for scouting out the SC construction to come.

Any 240 volt charging in Marathon probably won't be needed. It was recently discovered that Tesla has signed a lease with the Marathon Airport to install two Superchargers and four charging stalls.

Airport to get supercharged

Larry