Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you charge to 100%?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's been several posts on the virtues of not charging to 100%, on not worrying too much about this etc. But I thought it would be interesting to find out your general charging habit as it relates to charging your Tesla to a 100%.

Feel free to add any comments/insights. Thanks!

I was one of the before the weekend votes. I don't do it most weekends because usually I don't need the extra charge to make it through the weekend. However, on a long holiday weekend I will definitely do it. The way I see it is the car doesn't sit at 100% for long. I charge it up and then immediately drive it home which takes me close to 90% before it sits for the night.

I have home charging set-up and the cost is really minimal to do it at home, but something in my mind has decided that I just charge at work since it is free and meets 99% of my needs.

• Love
Reactions: singleview
I was one of the before the weekend votes. I don't do it most weekends because usually I don't need the extra charge to make it through the weekend. However, on a long holiday weekend I will definitely do it. The way I see it is the car doesn't sit at 100% for long. I charge it up and then immediately drive it home which takes me close to 90% before it sits for the night.

I have home charging set-up and the cost is really minimal to do it at home, but something in my mind has decided that I just charge at work since it is free and meets 99% of my needs.

I tend to do this too, for exactly the same reasoning... I also tend to drive more during the weekends! Great to see I'm not the only one. :rolleyes:;)

I mentioned that I usually charge to 100% about once a month, but last night I charged to 100% for the first time in 2 months. My rated range on my March 2014 "classic" Model S was 265 miles (range mode on). This is the highest it has been in 2 years, as it usually range charges to 263 or 264. I know it is only 1 extra mile, but the vast majority of owners lose range over time. I not only feel very fortunate, but I never plan to change my charging habits!

• Informative
Reactions: singleview