Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

How often do you charge to 100%?

• Total voters
I was one of the before the weekend votes. I don't do it most weekends because usually I don't need the extra charge to make it through the weekend. However, on a long holiday weekend I will definitely do it. The way I see it is the car doesn't sit at 100% for long. I charge it up and then immediately drive it home which takes me close to 90% before it sits for the night.

I have home charging set-up and the cost is really minimal to do it at home, but something in my mind has decided that I just charge at work since it is free and meets 99% of my needs.

• Love
Reactions: singleview
I was one of the before the weekend votes. I don't do it most weekends because usually I don't need the extra charge to make it through the weekend. However, on a long holiday weekend I will definitely do it. The way I see it is the car doesn't sit at 100% for long. I charge it up and then immediately drive it home which takes me close to 90% before it sits for the night.

I have home charging set-up and the cost is really minimal to do it at home, but something in my mind has decided that I just charge at work since it is free and meets 99% of my needs.

I tend to do this too, for exactly the same reasoning... I also tend to drive more during the weekends! Great to see I'm not the only one. :rolleyes:;)

I usually charge to 100% about once a month, but not for any of the reasons you've listed, @singleview. I do it to maintain battery balance, and to simply know what my 100% is over time.

That's really insightful. Thank you.

There are recommendations (from the manual, the forums etc), and then there are behaviors. This feedback has been great - thanks again.

I mentioned that I usually charge to 100% about once a month, but last night I charged to 100% for the first time in 2 months. My rated range on my March 2014 "classic" Model S was 265 miles (range mode on). This is the highest it has been in 2 years, as it usually range charges to 263 or 264. I know it is only 1 extra mile, but the vast majority of owners lose range over time. I not only feel very fortunate, but I never plan to change my charging habits!

• Informative
Reactions: singleview

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC