TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging help in Sevierville, TN

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Cellsaver, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Cellsaver

Cellsaver Member

Hello all I am in a bit of a pickle, made a trip to my cabin in the smokies and brought my UMC but brought a 6-15 adapter by mistake and I don't even have one of those outlets. Wondering if anyone in Sevierville/Gatlinburg has a 14-50 adapter I can borrow or buy lol. My cabin is off the beaten path, so I'd have to sit at any of the chargers in town all day just to get out there and back.

C

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

Oh, you don't have your 14-50 adapter--so campgrounds wouldn't even help. I don't suppose you have a CHAdeMO adapter. That would be too easy. I'm looking around on Plugshare, and the best kind of options I can find are J1772 in town. There is stuff North or South of Sevierville. The Tanger Outlet Center has free units there, which aren't part of any of the regular networks, so you could use them without needing to have an account set up. Then you could walk somewhere nearby to hang out and get something to eat. That's probably the best you're going to find, and is the penalty you pay for forgetting your adapter.

3. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I know there are some tesla destination chargers in the pigeon forge/gatlinburg area, they should at least charge at 40 amps, if not faster, probably a bit better than the blink 30 amp chargers that around that area.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I just finished charging at the Christmas inn. Worked well.
    At the worst, put in a bit there and head back to Knoxville supercharger

5. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

KmanAuto
    Published on May 14, 2018

On a recent trip to Pigeon Forge, TN, we were in need of a bit of a boost charge. Turns out, down the street from our hotel was Christmas Village Hotel. They had 2xHPWC's and 2xJ1772 charging stations. They graciously let me charge overnight! I looked before booking our hotel but somehow missed this location. This hotel has now earned our business for future trips (Yearly) to Pigeon Forge! The convenience of the Tesla Destination Charging network especially at hotels/motels makes it all worthwhile. Having a full charge every morning! This trip, I had to do a bit of walking to and then back from where I was staying, so the car could charge overnight. If our current hotel had a charging option, of ANY kind, it would have made a huge difference. We may have even extended our stay by a few days.