TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging help pls - Panama City Beach area?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by galangg, Aug 7, 2014.

1. galangg

galangg Member

Hi everyone, I have a Model S scheduled for delivery at the end of September. I've been looking at the charging options in the Panama City Beach area and they seem distressingly missing. I know DeFuniak Springs is set to get a supercharger, but I'm planning worst case scenario so am hoping others might have an idea of where to charge in that area?

2. G8rbev

G8rbev Member

I know this is a little late but, I have a condo in PCB and have dealt with the same problem. Currently there is a charger J1772 at Gulf Coast State college, they don't advertise it but they wouldn't refuse you. It only gives between 10 and 18 miles per hour, solar powered. There is also some charge points at the car dealers. Check Plug Share, I haven't needed to charge there as I charge at my daughters house. My condo on the beach is at Moonspinner on the east end of the beach. They have promised to put in Clipper Creek chargers by the end of the year, in hopes of attracting EV overnighters. Hope this helps you find a jolt.

3. Lifeguard(ret.)

4. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Gulf Coast College allowed me to charge, but also asked that I buy a parking pass (I recall it was $10 or $15 for a one year pass). Unfortunately I was only able to charge for about 30 minutes before the breaker on the charger tripped.

the dryer outlet at my grandmother's house in Panama City ended up being my best option.