TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging/Idle Constant Cycling

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Jelic, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Jelic

Jelic New Member

I recently started using TeslaFi and I've noticed some strange charging behavior. It seems to cycle constantly between idle and charge overnight as I have it plugged in. It'll idle for 6 minutes, charge for 0 minutes, idle for 3 minutes, charge for 1 minute, and cycle back and forth all night. It's quite strange, has anyone else noticed this on TeslaFi? Here's a snippet of my TeslaFi page...

Imgur

I have cabin preconditioning turned on, but it's typically under the temperature threshold at night so I'm not sure what's causing this issue. Anyone else see anything similar? I have the charge limit set to 75%, so I imagine it's trickle charging to stay at that limit, but it's strange to me that the car NEVER goes to sleep. I've had some nights where it idles all evening after charging to full, even though it's plugged in, and not exhibiting this behavior, but lately it's been doing the constant cycle thing.

2. Jelic

Jelic New Member

Also, on a normal evening I'd expect the data log to look more like this...

Imgur