TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by raynewman, Apr 26, 2016.

1. raynewman

raynewman Member

The following is a small treatise on Australian charging I have written for a gentleman from the US who is about to borrow my car.

Attached Files:

2. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Thanks Ray

Nice and clear...since I fit in the mob that plugs in at home on a Tesla Wall Unit I noticed you recommend one plugs in each night? I do about 1,500-1,800km's per month therefore only tend to plug in 2 times per week...you see any issue with this yourself?

-ECIT

3. Ben_333

Ben_333 Member

Guide looks good.

Couldn't help but notice your EU to OZ 15 amp adaptor looks to be wired in 'twin&earth' building wiring. This type of cable is for fixed installation only - not for something like a lead which flexes and moves around. The cable in your lead has a smaller count of thicker copper cores which in time will bend and break, compared to flex cables which have lots of thin copper cores.

For the sake of a small dollar amount in materials it'd be awful to see something go wrong so it might be worth getting an electrician to take a look at replacing?

4. raynewman

raynewman Member

Actually, I don't ALWAYS plug in but it's a good recommendation.

5. raynewman

raynewman Member

Making that one was more of an academic exercise and I intend chucking it at some time. Also the 32 AMP is the only one that really gets used.