Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Bend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beaver Coach Sales and Service has a number of 14-50's; I charged there a few years ago. Offer them a few bucks and they should be happy to let you charge. Not much to do there though; and I don't recall that they were in easy walking distance of anything interesting (they do have a nice waiting area though).

Also check the RV options at the Redmond fairgrounds. Have you checked Safeway or Freddie's? They're starting to drop those in over the last year, at least here in the Portland area.

The need a supercharger in this area, if you're coming up 97 from I5 South, somewhere between Sisters, Bend, and Redmond... also if you're coming in from PDX or Eugene.

Ancient thread, but in case people search here I figured I'd update it...

Today I added Scandia RV Park in Bend on PlugShare.
They were super nice. I had sent email earlier and they suggested to call when I was here.
I called and they said "we are completely full, but we have two people leave tomorrow... typically people leave early, but new checkin isn't until 1pm... give us a call in the morning".
When I called back the next morning (today) I was told that one of the RVs had left already and that I could charge at that spot until 1pm.
No fee, just paid for the electricity used (and that based on a very rough estimate). Very happy.
NEMA 14-50 with full 240V/40A.

The ski lodges at Mt Bachelor should install chargers. I have never been there in the Summer; so, I don't know if there is anything to do there other than skiing.

One can take the lift up to the top to enjoy the view but that's about it. Also, Bachelor is far enough away from Bend (and not really on the way to much else) that having charing options there isn't of much benefit to those who want to charge in Bend. That said, I would like to be able to take the Model X skiing eventually and I would appreciate a place to plug in... even if it's just 110v so I can keep the battery warm.

The ski lodges at Mt Bachelor should install chargers. I have never been there in the Summer; so, I don't know if there is anything to do there other than skiing.
Are you kidding me? Those very same mountains can be quite fun without snow on them, not to mention what happens to snow when it melts? That's right, it turns to water and fills lakes and flows down rivers. Geesh, have you no imagination?

In no particular order of preference... mountain biking (some of the best on Earth), white water rafting, paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking, golfing, road biking, hiking, fishing, horseback riding... It's pretty much an outdoor enthusiast dream world year round.

The skiing isn't even all that great.

Cheers!

Well, it's hard to argue this with someone named "Gone Skiian" but Bachelor has about the best snow in the Cascades. Yeah, not saying that much compared to the Rockies or Wasatch Range. If there was a residential village it would be a pretty fantastic place to go.

Sorry. Got a bit carried away there. :wink:

Yes, I will admit Bachelor does get some of the best snow in the Cascades. I enjoyed my time there quite a lot actually. It doesn't have the most challenging terrain if that is what you're looking for (which I used to enjoy more) but otherwise it's a great spot.

If you can't tell, I love Bend and all there is to do there, and would move back in a heartbeat. I agree it would be pretty awesome to have some lodging up at the mountain.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Recargo show pics at/in the alley by the Oxford with a 14-50. Tesla had an event there about 4 to 6 weeks ago, and used it.

That's great! Dubious as a parking spot, especially over night. Anyone contact the Oxford about usage?

We made the drive out to Bend over July 4th weekend, smooth and stress-free trip. My friend had a 30 amp plug just inside his garage, so I was able to charge with an extension cord and adapter. We spent enough time hanging out at his place that ai was able to fully charge on our first day, drive around town for the weekend without charging, and charge up again before heading out.