TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Brussels/Metz/Dijon/Lyon/Avignon

Discussion in 'Europe' started by millemiglia, Feb 12, 2014.

1. millemiglia

millemiglia Member

Hello again,

Yes - I am the one who started the thread "Roadtrip Tilburg-Brussels-Lyon-Nice" :)
    The reason I am starting this one too is to particularly find out about specific stations in selected cities as quickly as possible. I will do the roadtrip next week and I promise to post a detailed feedback on how and where you can get the cables quickly and how it all went with the charging in the other thread.

I'd like to ask for a last favour: Could you please tell me which charging stations you would recommend in the following cities? (the faster the charger the better obviously; we have a type 2 and type 3c cable, however no abonnements or cards expect bluecorner in Belgium) -->

1) Brussels (overnight stay - I thought of charging at IKEA in the evening and in the morning, it should not take long cause we'll only arrive from Tilburg). Any other/better ideas?

2) Metz. I was thinking about Parking Relais Mettis - Woippy. Type 3c socket, 22kw. I was told it's ok to charge there, you only have to send a text message. Alternatively: P+R Mettis Woippy. Any thoughts?

3) Dijon. Here I thought of Renault (type 3c, 22kw - should work at Renault?) or Toison d'or (type 3c, 24kw). Unless you know anything closer to the A31 highway?

4) Lyon (overnight stay - I am not really happy with any of the solutions on chargemap... any ideas?!)

5) Avignon. Any experience at Ikea Vedene (type 2, 43 kw) ?

The remaining journey should get us through to Nice/Menton.

Thanks loads in advance, appreciate your ideas/thoughts/suggestions!

2. ManuVince

ManuVince Member

How about the Tesla Store in Brussel:
    Brussels | Tesla Store Locations | Tesla Motors

Renault should be fine, but call them first to confirm they are ok with that. You need be there at opening hours.

Usually Ikea in France is free, you don't even need a cable.

3. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

There' no charger at the Tesla store in Brussels, but the Service Centre has a high power one and I'm sure they'd be pleased to help: Brussels | Tesla Motors

4. millemiglia

millemiglia Member

Thanks for your inputs. ANY good idea for Lyon? Auchon would be a pick, however, I d really appreciate a solution close to Sofitel for an overnight charge. Sofitel itself does not offer any options...

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I found the Tesla showroom at the Gare TVA station in Avignon, France.

image.jpg