Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Charlotte NC

I thought Tesla cars could find any charger through their software?
You're mostly right. Hit the charge icon on the map/nav display, and it brings up "all" the Superchargers. There's the occasional weird one, though. Warsaw, NC comes to mind. I think Tesla has demoted this SC due to the non-Tesla friendly sentiments of the host hotel. It's still there, and it still works, but Tesla won't advertise the location. Also, the Tesla system only shows Tesla superchargers and Tesla destination chargers. I think the OP's question was more broad, potentially including other options like ChargePoint, etc.

ASUComputerGuy

Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I echo what TexasEV wrote, make sure you are using PlugShare. The app in invaluable for finding chargers. I also recommend the Chargepoint app and registering for a Chargepoint account in case you come across one of their chargers. They are usually free to use, but require a RFID card or the app on a phone that can do NFC. Good luck!

You're mostly right. Hit the charge icon on the map/nav display, and it brings up "all" the Superchargers. There's the occasional weird one, though. Warsaw, NC comes to mind. I think Tesla has demoted this SC due to the non-Tesla friendly sentiments of the host hotel. It's still there, and it still works, but Tesla won't advertise the location. Also, the Tesla system only shows Tesla superchargers and Tesla destination chargers. I think the OP's question was more broad, potentially including other options like ChargePoint, etc.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC