TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Downtown Louisville KY

Discussion in 'North America' started by rgensler, Aug 27, 2013.

1. rgensler

rgensler Member

Looking to travel to Louisville, KY in November. There appears to be only 1 public station at the U of L parking garage which will be a significant distance from where we will be staying. Does anyone know of a place to charge in the downtown central business district?

2. GSP

GSP Member

Louisville looks pretty sparce on PlugShare.com.

Maybe you can find a business that has a 6-50 or 4-50 outlet, like a machine shop or body shop.

Another option would be anyplace that offers RV parking with "50 Amp Service" (14-50). Maybe a convention center.

You could also call the chamber of commerce and ask.

Good Luck,

GSP

3. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

To make matters worse, the public charger at the U of L is restricted access, so unless you have a student parking pass, you cannot get to it.

How long will you be there? If you are going to be there for a few days, your best bet may be level 1. I have charged my volt from a 120 outlet in the parking garage next to the Hyatt Regency hotel downtown.

4. dave

dave Member

Sorry, I've got nothing for you. I do have to travel there for business every now and then, so please let us know if you find anything.