Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a Hidden VIN a few weeks ago. My confirmed pick up delivery is September 24th in Dublin. The text message to request a pick up day was sent to me yesterday. I ordered a M3 RWD early Jan but postponed order from Q1 to Q2. Q2 had delivery date of June but then had Nov/Dec with Tesla saying I didn't make the Q2 cut. So my order date might be early but with putting my order on hold to May/June I'm not sure if they consider that to be my date.

With the timing of the text message and the Glovis Challenge departing I suspect it's on that vessel.

I think official VIN's are not sent until Suez

Apologies for this off-topic question, but I’m picking up my MY in Manchester on Sept 8th and am then planning a drive from Dublin to Mitchelstown and then on to Cork to visit my wife’s family. I couldn’t see many superchargers in Ireland on the Tesla app so whilst I’d have no problem when driving down, I’m a little unsure where to charge for the return journey. Have you had any info from Tesla in Ireland about whether there are plans to expandi the infrastructure?

Apologies for this off-topic question, but I’m picking up my MY in Manchester on Sept 8th and am then planning a drive from Dublin to Mitchelstown and then on to Cork to visit my wife’s family. I couldn’t see many superchargers in Ireland on the Tesla app so whilst I’d have no problem when driving down, I’m a little unsure where to charge for the return journey. Have you had any info from Tesla in Ireland about whether there are plans to expandi the infrastructure?
Take a look at Zap Map which seems to cover Ireland:

Edit to say, there are superchargers and also look at the ‘destination chargers’ at hotels etc
1661013429452.jpeg

Attachments

• 2784EC81-C786-4401-85A2-05A32122370D.jpeg
    2784EC81-C786-4401-85A2-05A32122370D.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Reactions: HowieR
You will have no problems. Attached link to all SUC in Ireland . There is one in Cork, another half way between Dublin and Cork (Ballacolla)

Reactions: HowieR
Further to the comments above, there are a couple of threads in this forum above travelling and charging in Ireland. There are also a number of independent charging networks, one of which recommended is ecar connect.