TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'North America' started by vfx, Apr 9, 2011.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Anyone know of hotels or places in Vegas with Tesla charging?

2. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Contact Lance Merkin at the Seattle Tesla Store. Real nice guy. He spent this past winter in Las Vegas showing the Roadster to prospective buyers in the area. He can tell you where you can get your Roadster recharged.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

4. kgb

kgb Member

What sucks is that when I go to Vegas, I have to leave my Roadster at home. I need a Roadster that I can keep in Vegas for when I need it.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

You can get anything for a price in Las Vegas! Just ask!!

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Just go there and win it,
    wheels-Cosmo-Tesla-Roadster-blog480.jpg
    and drive it home!

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

PS
    It turned out the LA store had the skinny on Vegas too.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

And the skinny is?

I really want to spend some time driving through Death Valley - checking into if the RV park at Furnace Creek or Stovepipe Wells has at least 50amp available. I lived there for several years - scenery is incredible, indescribable really. It seems like the perfect backdrop for an EV. I still remember coming into the valley for the first time, pulling over and turning off my engine. It was so silent that my ears hurt, straining to hear. No sound of wind or trees rustling. Just. Silence.

But first I have to figure out where/how I'll charge.

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Call the ranch at Furnace creek, or the Inn. The ranch would be more likely to have a charging recipticle for you. They are very accomodating there, and I do not think you will have a porblem once there. You wll feel lucky driving the roadster. I paid $6.66 per gallon there several weeks ago.

10. bonnie

I worked at both the Inn and the Ranch when I was around 19, and then the mining operation on the way to Dante's View ... the stories i could tell :). Yes, they're extremely accommodating - in fact, worst case, I thought I'd ask them if I could use one the laundromat 14-50 outlets in the back by the date orchards. There are also all the trailer hookups back there.

Isn't the Valley stunning?

11. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Yes, extreemly stunning and it is a trip everyone should make at least once. Sounds like you know the place better than I do. Have fun!!

12. bonnie

It will be the perfect place to try out the new mesh top I'm getting :).

And yes, I know the place well ... I had a restored Porsche 911T when I lived there. The local highway patrol (Al Bradley, long gone now) advised me to NOT have the shocks adjusted - worried I'd bottom out by Scotty's Castle around '120 or 130'. Uh, okay Al! I think my favorite public place is Titus Canyon. Most magical times were in the summer when the wrangler would let me take a string of horses up into the valleys under a full moon, just so they could get some exercise. It felt timeless. And it was priceless.

I'm glad you appreciate the beauty there. Not everyone 'gets it'. :)

13. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#13 TEG, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    Those prices are evil !

(But what do you expect buying fuel in Furnace Creek / Death Valley. )

14. Odenator

Odenator P2607

I was in Vegas last month. I stayed at the Green Valley Resort in Henderson and they have a single NEMA 14-50 in the first level of the valet parking lot on the hotel side. It is located next to the first parking spot on the left once you enter the structure. It looked good, but I don't know if it was functional.

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

That's good info! thanks

16. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I smell a SoCalGreenSpeed group trip to Vegas :)

17. chronopublish

chronopublish 2008 Roadster #VP27

I drove my Tesla to Las Vegas last fall - here's what I learned:

- The Hard Rock hotel allowed me access to 120V while in their parking structure. Call ahead to make arrangements. (And bring an extension cord, you need an extra 10 feet or so to easily reach the outlet.)

- The KOA Campground next to Circus Circus allowed me to use one of their 50 Amp spaces; however, they charged the full overnight rate, which I believe was around $60. The campground is directly adjacent to the Circus Circus hotel, so if you wanted to stay there, it is a super short walk. You are also within easy walking distance of the Riviera, which is just across the street.

18. franklandfield

there are charging stations in vegas. consult the apps, recargo, and EVcharger, available on the apple app store, for FREE. they list lots of charging stations. these are good apps to have. you can also charge on your way to vegas in barstow, at a tesla charger. good luck. enjoy. peace. frank landfield. :)

19. bonnie

Unfortunately, the apps don't always reflect EV-friendly RV parks & hotel options. I have all the apps on my iPhone (as do most here, I assume) and that has been helpful at times. But when planning a trip to Reno, I received several other options that don't show on apps.

20. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

The Tesla connector at Barstow Station appeared to be working on 7/11/11. I was in a rental car, so I could not check to be sure. The connector is on the side of the small building (approximately 10' x 10') at the front of the property.