TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Los Banos?

Discussion in 'California' started by GasDoc, Apr 1, 2014.

1. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I've got to go there for two days of work on site and I don't see any really good charging options.

I could do a range charge at Gilroy and spend about 25% of a charge getting there. Then I just have to hope that vampire drains and local driving leave me with 25% remaining to get back to Gilroy when the job is done.

Anyone know of anything local? Haven't found any on Recargo or Plugshare except for a couple of campsites that I could use as emergency backup.

2. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

rvparky.com is a RV directory that lists 50 Amp outlets in RV parks that you can usually access for charging.

I did a quick search around the Los Banos area, and found 2 within 10 mile radius.

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

The KOA Campground near Los Banos has NEMA 14-50 outlets for charging. That would be a good back up in case vampire drain or local driving brings you down too low to get back to Gilroy.

4. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

why not just trickle charge? 48 hours will yield around 160 miles (+/- a few miles)