Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Mildura

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

Traveling to Mildura for work next week, just wondering whether there are any Tesla owners there who would be kind enough to let me charge for return trip. Happy to cover the costs, or exchange for bottles of my favourite red and white-:)
Or any advice on where to charge would be much appreciated.

I know that there is a destination charger at Mildura Motor Inn, but I would like to leave it as a last resort as my work booked the stay at a different motel and I cannot get them to change it.

It's amazing how unhelpful some motels are. It's like talking to an alien species.
An extension cord can run under your door to the car park, but I'm sure there must be a closer power point.

Why not tell them that from now on you'll be going to the motel with DC.

I have called the motel already, to check whether they have a power point around the carpark somewhere. That's all I need really. The quick answer was "no", but I don't think they bothered to actually look around
You can buy a little kwh meter that plugs into a power point from most electronic shops. Surely if you offer to pay them for consumed power there is no issue.....often ‘no’ means yes once you ask correctly, especially when dealing with government....although sometimes it also means no.