TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Monterey, CA

Discussion in 'California' started by Ditpixs, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ditpixs

Ditpixs Member

Hi Folks,

My wife and I always make the annual trip to Car Week in Monterey every summer. We are planning to show the MS at the Italian Concourso this year (non-Italian section, of course) and it looks like the charging options are pretty limited in the area. We'll top of at Gilroy, but we do some long rally-type drives around the coast so charging will be required.

Anyone know of any MS owners in the area that might be willing to share their HPWC or 14-50 outlet? Any other public suggestions?

Would love to meet up with fellow owners also planning to be in town in August.

Thanks
    Aaron

2. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

Love the area, but yea, only a few locations. There is one in Carmel too it seems. Wish I could help, but the public stations do appear to be generally free so you're hopefully not out of luck.

3. Bradleybang

Bradleybang Member

I have traveled down in my roadster to Carmel and Pebble 4 times. I have used the following websites.
    EVChargerMaps
    Blink - BlinkMap
    Electric Vehicle Charging by ChargePoint
    I have a chargepoint and a blink card. Make sure you have your J1772 adapter.
    I tried the blink Carmel location about a year ago. It was broken and when I called, they said yeah ok. Nothing we can do about it. So, I'm not a blink fan. Don't go thinking that will be your southern point preferred location.
    As for the chargepoint locations, all the units are 30A J1772. So not fast. I have used the Monterey ACE location and the Castroville location.
    The best southern location is the Rabobank location over in Salinas. It’s a 70A J1772. it’s on the evcharermaps site.

4. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

The Blink in Carmel was working last July. I didn't use it because another Roadster was using it. Monterey could definitely use some charge stations. The Carmel station is in a pay lot so the blink is free but pay to park. I've used the Salinas Rabobank charger several times. 208v @ 70A. Just one though. I once arrived there just after a leaf arrived, but the driver was kind enough to move to the Salinas Blink so I could get the full 15kW goodness.

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Carmel is one o f my favorite places to visit and we are planning to do the pebble beach concourse in August, been there many times but do not see very many charging stations in the area. Any input on places to charge would be appreciated.

6. Ditpixs

Ditpixs Member

Thanks everyone! It looks like our motel is near one of the garages with a few EVSEs. Hopefully I can sneak in late at night and get charged up!

If any other MS owners want to meet up during Car Week (August 14-17) let me know...

Aaron

7. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

We have a place in Carmel and I hope to have my MS and an HPWC long before Car Week. I should be down for at least part of the week and would be happy to share electrons. I'll post again or PM you once I have the car and charging facility.