Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Monterey, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

My wife and I always make the annual trip to Car Week in Monterey every summer. We are planning to show the MS at the Italian Concourso this year (non-Italian section, of course) and it looks like the charging options are pretty limited in the area. We'll top of at Gilroy, but we do some long rally-type drives around the coast so charging will be required.

Anyone know of any MS owners in the area that might be willing to share their HPWC or 14-50 outlet? Any other public suggestions?

Would love to meet up with fellow owners also planning to be in town in August.

Thanks
Aaron

I have traveled down in my roadster to Carmel and Pebble 4 times. I have used the following websites.
EVChargerMaps
Blink - BlinkMap
Electric Vehicle Charging by ChargePoint
I have a chargepoint and a blink card. Make sure you have your J1772 adapter.
I tried the blink Carmel location about a year ago. It was broken and when I called, they said yeah ok. Nothing we can do about it. So, I'm not a blink fan. Don't go thinking that will be your southern point preferred location.
As for the chargepoint locations, all the units are 30A J1772. So not fast. I have used the Monterey ACE location and the Castroville location.
The best southern location is the Rabobank location over in Salinas. It’s a 70A J1772. it’s on the evcharermaps site.

The Blink in Carmel was working last July. I didn't use it because another Roadster was using it. Monterey could definitely use some charge stations. The Carmel station is in a pay lot so the blink is free but pay to park. I've used the Salinas Rabobank charger several times. 208v @ 70A. Just one though. I once arrived there just after a leaf arrived, but the driver was kind enough to move to the Salinas Blink so I could get the full 15kW goodness.

Thanks everyone! It looks like our motel is near one of the garages with a few EVSEs. Hopefully I can sneak in late at night and get charged up!

If any other MS owners want to meet up during Car Week (August 14-17) let me know...

Aaron

Hi Folks,

My wife and I always make the annual trip to Car Week in Monterey every summer. We are planning to show the MS at the Italian Concourso this year (non-Italian section, of course) and it looks like the charging options are pretty limited in the area. We'll top of at Gilroy, but we do some long rally-type drives around the coast so charging will be required.

Anyone know of any MS owners in the area that might be willing to share their HPWC or 14-50 outlet? Any other public suggestions?

Would love to meet up with fellow owners also planning to be in town in August.

Thanks
Aaron

We have a place in Carmel and I hope to have my MS and an HPWC long before Car Week. I should be down for at least part of the week and would be happy to share electrons. I'll post again or PM you once I have the car and charging facility.