Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Quebec, Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I checked out the charging stations at Métro grocery on Fleury ave, tonight.
Two of them in service. Seems to be an Aerovironnment device and the web site seems to be runned by these folks too. They seem to be everywhere, doing the assessment for Leafs, Active-E, and here.

IMG_20120402_210319.jpg
IMG_20120402_210230.jpg

As I was making my way home I came across a white van with a familiar name on the side : T E S L A !!!
A support vehicule, licensed from Ontario, was roaming around Montreal, so a Roadster owner must be having a service today, or tomorrow.

Here's a blurry picture I took on the fly :
IMG_20120402_212254.jpg

Exciting night, this electric car thing is getting real !!!

This week I got a phone call from somebody who didn't identify where they were calling from (Hydro Quebec or Electric Circuit). She said "You're right, we're sorry that our website has this problem." Then instead of giving me instructions on how to get an account, she just said that I can't get an account at this time because the website is dysfunctional. As if using a web site is the only way to give somebody an account. Duh. She did offer that I could get an account if I had a Canadian address to send the card to, where it might get forwarded to me in the States.

Sooo... clea are you still feeling generous? What do you think about loaning me your address and forwarding my card to me when it comes? :smile:

This week I got a phone call from somebody who didn't identify where they were calling from (Hydro Quebec or Electric Circuit). She said "You're right, we're sorry that our website has this problem." Then instead of giving me instructions on how to get an account, she just said that I can't get an account at this time because the website is dysfunctional. As if using a web site is the only way to give somebody an account. Duh. She did offer that I could get an account if I had a Canadian address to send the card to, where it might get forwarded to me in the States.

Sooo... clea are you still feeling generous? What do you think about loaning me your address and forwarding my card to me when it comes? :smile:

I'll pm you with my coordinates.

There seems to be an Android app so we can find public charging stations in Quebec. (Actually all of Canada apparently)

I found it here: Apps by fleetcarma - Google Play

I checked them out and they don't seem to have the iPhone app out yet. So that's kinda useless for me... (they do have a sign up sheet on their website though for notice when the iPhone version comes out: The essential guide for using heavy-duty hybrids or electrics in your fleet)

Has anyone ever used this app? I'm curious to know if this app is any good?

Hi guys,

Tune in to Sun Country Highway in the weeks to come, we are launching the most powerful charging stations infrastructure in Canada with 90 amps L2 units.
This will be a game changer for Tesla owner's as well as EV owners of all brand.

Olivier

Hi guys,

Tune in to Sun Country Highway in the weeks to come, we are launching the most powerful charging stations infrastructure in Canada with 90 amps L2 units.
This will be a game changer for Tesla owner's as well as EV owners of all brand.

Olivier

Olivier this is great news! The difference between 90/70 amps and the weak 30 amp units will have a lot to do with where we travel! We had plans to visit Montreal last summer but some unexpected events changed our plans. Please let those of us from the States know what we have to do in order to use these. Make sure you allow US addresses when registering on your website (unlike Circuit Electrique's embarrassing omission).

Hi guys,

Olivier
Have you considered adding the SAE J1772 combo DC charging system for faster DC charging to your stations in the future?
For a Tesla on a long distance trip, 20kw is still pretty slow charging, albeit a whole lot better than 7 kw or so.

It should be pointed out that currently no vehicles support the DC combo plug.
That's certainly true.

However, for the Tesla, apart from the proprietary Supercharger system, there isn't another charging standard that will supply enough power. It seems likely that there will be an adapter for the Tesla in the future since the California CHAdeMO stations are supposed to have J1772 combo plugs added once cars become available, and the adapter isn't technically difficult. GM says they'll have cars using it next year.

Olivier this is great news! The difference between 90/70 amps and the weak 30 amp units will have a lot to do with where we travel! We had plans to visit Montreal last summer but some unexpected events changed our plans. Please let those of us from the States know what we have to do in order to use these. Make sure you allow US addresses when registering on your website (unlike Circuit Electrique's embarrassing omission).

At this moment you won't be charged to use our stations, at least for the 1st year of use this is the deal with our partners.
Quebec will be launched in a few weeks and you guys will be updated on this.

Last edited: