Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Rindge NH vicinity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy all,

I'm based in the Princeton NJ area, and my son is attending a boarding school in Rindge NH, which is generating a decent amount of road-tripping between those two locations for pickups/dropoffs/visits. I drive a 2018 M3 AWD LR which gets something like ~280 miles rated range, and have used various SuperChargers in CT, on the Mass Pike, and on one trip the new Tyngsborough MA / Pheasant Lane Mall SuperCharger (we were visiting other parts of NH that time - generally Tyngsborough is pretty out of the way). Commonly on these trips we will stay at least a night in the area, as even for a pure-transit pickup or dropoff, it's a long day to go there and back without some rest.

On other road trips (such as to the MidWest) I've generally been able to find hotels with destination charging (either Tesla or J1772) to skip a SuperCharger stop, but the area around Rindge appears on PlugShare to be basically a charging desert. After the Leominster SuperCharger (Market Basket / Sack Blvd) which is still more than 20 miles from the school, there's (as far as I can tell) literally nothing. The closest hotel/overnight I can see is the Courtyard Marriott in Hadley MA, which is over 50 miles from Rindge (and also has only one plug, and is off the major highways I'd prefer to take if possible).

I understand Rindge is pretty rural and this may just be an "it is what it is" thing, but if there's a local around here that has anything better to recommend I'd love to hear it.

You have several options in the area and to & from. As you mentioned, there are the superchargers at the Charlton MA service center supercharger on I-90 and one off I-90 at the Auburn, MA supercharger. Off the highway, and sort of on the way to Rindge is the
East Templeton, MA supercharger which is only about 26 miles from Rindge. Other than that, you might check out the ChargePoint network. There are two not too far from there, 6 at Mathieu Ford in and a couple at the Ashburnham town hall. Ashburnham is free, and Mathieu Ford in Winchendon is only $.16/kWh and free parking for the first 4 hours. Of course these two are only rated at 6.6 kWh chargers. Both have restaurants nearby.

• Helpful
Reactions: wise82guy
Thanks @Les236 !
Looking into both of these - not sure I necessarily want to camp at a Ford dealer, but Ashburnham Town Hall looks to have a good selection of restaurants around.

Would you say it's fair/accurate to say there's not any feasible overnight/hotel charging on this route?

There are chargers in the Riverwalk parking lot in Peterboro NH. I recommend the Waterhouse Restaurant which is right next door, plug in and have dinner. Also I see from the Tesla charging map the Hancock Inn has one Tesla charger. The Hancock Inn is a nice place, we've had dinner there.

Reactions: wise82guy