TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in SE England - Rother District, Camber, Lydd

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by mindsweeper, Apr 29, 2015.

1. mindsweeper

mindsweeper Member

#1 mindsweeper, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    My family and I will be vacationing in Camber, Lydd this summer. The nearest SC is Maidstone - but I don't really fancy a 80 mile return drive to get some juice. Cant find any public charging points either.

Anyone here with knowledge of the area and what my options will be - any charging points that are there, just not on the map?

I'm driving a Norwegian P85D, so I got the UMC, red and blue CEE (Caravan) plugs, schuko and type 2. Will a Schuko to UK adaptor work if I find a 13A outlet?

2. Puslinch

Puslinch Member

Hi mindsweeper, no problem with the Schuko to UK adapter. Just make sure it's decent quality.
    Gary

3. TC56

TC56 Member

There are some type 2 chargers in Hastings, and some more in Ashford. Not close, but closer than Maidstone. You can always visit the caves at Hastings while you wait :smile:

4. arg

arg Member

zap-map.com shows one in New Romney which would be handy, but although the listing gives detailed directions to find the point, it is supposedly on the CYC network and CYC's own site doesn't list it....

Tesla do now sell a UK 13A tail for the UMC, so that might be a better bet than messing with adapters if you plan on coming here again.