TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging in Seabrook/Kiawah (Charleston, SC)?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by JST, Oct 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JST

JST Active Member

Are there any L2 charging options on Seabrook or Kiawah, other than private homes? I don't see anything on Plugshare.

Seems like it would be a great place for destination charging, either on Kiawah or perhaps at the shops/hotel and/or marina that sit between the two gated communities.

2. LMB

LMB Member

(LMB spouse)

There's L2 charging in the pay lot near Marion Square. We do a range charge at the Santee Supercharger which holds us until we get back there a few days later. Works for us since we're coming in on I-95.

3. widepipe

widepipe Member

Any updates here? We're driving down there in a few months and would love an alternative to my in-laws wall outlet. I know there is a destination charger at The Sanctuary in Kiawah, but the word on Plugshare is that you have to pay $22 to park in the location where you can use it. Plugshare doesn't show anything else until you get closer to Charleston.

4. tomsModelS

tomsModelS Member

I'm the one who left the note on Plugshare last November about the Sanctuary policy of charging $22 to plug in, regardless of whether you stay there or just dine/drink there.

When I saw this thread I decided to revisit them today and see what current policy is. A valet told me that I can charge for free if I am a guest or if I eat or drink there. He did caution me that it is only a 40 amp HPWC so it may take a while to get a decent charge.

@widipe, I hope this helps.

5. widepipe

widepipe Member

Thanks for the info. If I can grab a drink and plug in for free, that would be great. I'll find out in a few months when I get down there.