Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in the Cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man - that is a painful video to watch - he rambles a lot, plus Chinese Norwegian guy speaking English with lots of Norwegian place names is not the best to listen to ! Key points were i) His Kia Niro charged at 0C at 44KW after 4 hours driving, and then later he went to fast charger and still only got 39KW. After 8 minutes speed went to 57KW. This is about the best to expect from the Kia in the winter. Fast charger in Norway costs more - so no point to use in Winter. iPace has the similar problem. Tesla has 6KW battery heater and insulation - this makes a difference (according to him) - and able to get maximum speed at the supercharger even at low temp after a good drive. 2018 new EVs are still not doing was well as 2013 Tesla in this regards. Hopefully that summary sales a few of you from watching this 20 min video !

• Informative
Reactions: Bogobec
Yeah, I know what you mean about the way he speaks, but I've gotten used to him. His posts are always very informative and he doesn't post BS... at least not knowingly. I guess we all post BS sometimes. I've learned a lot about Tesla cars watching his many videos.

You didn't point out which of the video is stuff he actually measured or has verified and which is speculation based on things he has heard. He is always careful to distinguish. That's important.