TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in the Twin Cities

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by giantbeer, Mar 15, 2016.

1. giantbeer

giantbeer Member

I've recently accepted a new job in the twin cities area and will be renting a temporary apartment for a few months. Neither the apartment nor my office has charging available. I can either drive the MS out to MN or my old Acura. I obviously want to take the MS. Charging options seem to be limited - no superchargers and the only other chargers are not conveinient to me at all. My apartment is across the street from the office so I won't be driving much during the week. I think I'll only need weekly charging. I notice there are chargers at the airport - question is, will using the airport chargers on the weekend drive me batty? Any experience with how busy they are? If I can't get one, I'll be toast for the rest of the week.

Secondly, any idea when that supercharger is coming to Minneapolis is 2016?

2. AndreSF

AndreSF Member

Any CHAdeMO DCFC stations around? There is a number of them in Minneapolis, according to plugshare dot com.

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

You don't indicate where your apartment/office is in the area. There may be a Level 2 close by that you could use overnight or while at work. As mentioned above, you might want to check Plugshare for charging locations; there are a bunch of CHAdeMo's in the local area though most of them have a fee. Charging at a Level 2 would be miserable unless you drive very few miles or need to spend serious time somewhere. I don't mind doing that when I drive to one of our other offices and will spend 10 hours at work but hanging around the mall or airport would be a drag.