Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Tyler, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vaerie

Apr 17, 2019
Austin
I'm driving out to Tyler for a wedding and staying there for a several days. Does anyone know the area or how I find chargers without resorting to a 110 to the hotel parking lot?

Hotels with known EV charging would be awesome to find out about.

I see there's a service center there now, and will call as soon as Tesla phone lines are open. This is my biggest hope, that they have a couple super chargers available.

There's 4 stations listed on Charge Point, but I don't know how socially acceptable it is to charge at those businesses and Charge Points are so slow... addicted to that supercharger high!

Do you guys have any recommendations on what to do?

I would suggest stopping at the supercharger in Lindale and top off and you will be good for a stay in Tyler. It is located right on I20 at the Colin Street Bakery so a good chance to pick up some goodies while you are there. I did stop at the new service center and I don’t think they are getting anything close to supercharging speeds at their facility at least for now.

Reactions: kavyboy
I second @Sealander - just charge at Lindale, all the way to 100% if you have the time. That should do it.
Check plugshare.com. Sometimes there are public chargers in walking distance of a hotel. Always ask if there's any doubt about if you should charge there.
Bring you 120V charging cable. Overnight, that's 50 miles or so, and it's not like you're standing there watching it charge. It's been a lifesaver on road trips for me. For 120V, ALWAYS ask.

I would suggest stopping at the supercharger in Lindale and top off and you will be good for a stay in Tyler. It is located right on I20 at the Colin Street Bakery so a good chance to pick up some goodies while you are there. I did stop at the new service center and I don’t think they are getting anything close to supercharging speeds at their facility at least for now.
Colin Street Bakery...isn't that the shop that sells fruitcake worldwide?