Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Wenatchee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're making the trek from Bothell to Wenatchee this weekend and wanted to get advice on where we might charge our S75D during lunch. We SHOULD be able to make it fine from Monroe SC to Wenatchee and back to Monroe SC for a quick charge before heading home, but I figured grabbing another 20 - 30 miles during lunch wouldn't be a bad idea.

Suggestions?

If you are lunching downtown in Wenatchee you have several opportunities. Plug-In NCW and Pybus Market host a free haL2 (80A) charger at the market. This is an excellent place to eat and is on the river. Next at the Chelan PUD HQ has two haL2 (80A) chargers that are free to the public (because Plug-In NCW pays for all the electricity). At the Conventioon Center there is an Aerovironment L3 (CHAdeMO) and and L2 (30A). In the same parking lot are two free Eaton L2 (30A) units. Walla Walla Point Park has a Chelan PUD haL2 (80A) charger sponsored by Cascade Autocenter.

Also along Highway 2; Coles Corner at the 59er Diner/Plug-In NCW haL2 (80A) is operational even though the restaurant burned down.

• Informative
Reactions: ChadS and dss33
If you are lunching downtown in Wenatchee you have several opportunities. Plug-In NCW and Pybus Market host a free haL2 (80A) charger at the market. This is an excellent place to eat and is on the river. Next at the Chelan PUD HQ has two haL2 (80A) chargers that are free to the public (because Plug-In NCW pays for all the electricity). At the Conventioon Center there is an Aerovironment L3 (CHAdeMO) and and L2 (30A). In the same parking lot are two free Eaton L2 (30A) units. Walla Walla Point Park has a Chelan PUD haL2 (80A) charger sponsored by Cascade Autocenter.

That's fantastic - thank you! I was reminded to ask this question after seeing your thread about driving across Washington, but didn't want to hijack that conversation.

Plenty of options and far more than I thought would be available (and better quality too) based on what I was seeing initially on Tesla's map and ChargePoint/PlugShare. So this is very helpful.

One more question - any tips on good lunch spots that also allow dogs?

Not many eating establishments in Wenatchee will allow non-service animals inside. One suggestion I can make is to order your lunch "to go" at one of the eateries in the Pybus Market then walk 200 feet to the PUD riverside parks and eat at one of the tables or benches.

• Helpful
Reactions: dss33
Not many eating establishments in Wenatchee will allow non-service animals inside. One suggestion I can make is to order your lunch "to go" at one of the eateries in the Pybus Market then walk 200 feet to the PUD riverside parks and eat at one of the tables or benches.

That's a great recommendation - thank you! Weather on Sunday looks perfect too so eating outside by the river will be a real treat.

The charger just across the lot from South (the Latin restaurant) was phenomenal. Got around 40 mph and was perfect for a charge over lunch and a brief walk along the river. Actually ended up going to McGlinn's on Orondo. Nice little space outside that was dog-friendly and great food. Got home with 25% battery left and didn't need to stop in Monroe - solid trip all around.

Thanks again for the recommendations!

Also along Highway 2; Coles Corner at the 59er Diner/Plug-In NCW haL2 (80A) is operational even though the restaurant burned down.

Thanks for these great suggestions.

I'll be making a similar trip from Bothell for a golfing weekend at Gamble Sands. I've emailed with the manager at the new Inn for months trying to get them to consider a destination charger, but to no avail. Seems like such a no brainer for an upscale golf destination.

So unless someone local has noticed the supercharger construction starting up in Wenatchee, I'll rely on these L2 chargers as well. I hope they finish the WA build out soon!