Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Infrastructure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a pic of the Tesla charging station in Bellevue Square Mall, Bellevue, WA... pretty nice looking :)
TeslaChargingBellevue.jpg

Received this email from Ecotality/Blink:
Blink Memberships Are Coming Soon

In the upcoming month, we’ll be implementing our Blink Membership programs. You may see some slight changes when you use commercial Blink chargers – but rest assured that for a limited time, charging is still free! To continue charging with us down the road, you'll need to sign up for a membership and activate your Blink InCard.

We'd also like to thank you for being a part of The EV Project – by using commercial Blink chargers in your area, you have truly helped pave the way for the future of EV infrastructure. We want you to continue to join us, so we're waiving the annual fee for a 2012 Blink Plus membership (that's a $30 value). That means no annual fee for access to the Blink commercial charging network, plus discounted charging of up to 50% off non-member costs!

Charging can't always be free, but you can sign up now for a membership at no fee.

Charge On.

- The Blink Team

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/24/bmw-electric-idUSL2E8IO5Q320120724
July 24 | Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44am EDT

(Reuters) - German automaker BMW is investing in Coulomb Technologies, a California-based provider of electric-vehicle charging stations and software.

BMW declined to disclose the amount of the investment in Coulomb, which has EV development agreements with General Motors Co, Ford Motor Co, Nissan Motor Co and luxury hybrid vehicle manufacturer Fisker Automotive.

Coulomb's ChargePoint operates a global network of EV charging stations in more than 14 countries, including the United States.

ChargePoint also provides EV customers, dealers and manufacturers with a variety of cloud-based services, including the ability to locate charging stations, process payments and monitor energy use and costs.

The investment is being made by BMW i Ventures, the automaker's New York City-based venture-capital arm.

BMW is launching a family of electrified vehicles as part of its new i Series, beginning in 2013 with the battery-powered i3 compact.

Coulomb, based in Campbell, California, in May raised $47.5 million in a new round of venture capital led by Braemar Energy Ventures and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Braemar has helped to fund battery maker A123 Systems, while KPCB is an investor in Fisker.

Among the latest investors in Coulomb is Toyota TsushO , a member of Japan's Toyota Group.

Well Blink has left me high and dry today. 4 chargers in two locations on the blink. Now hanging at a nice Nissan dealer as I try to get the charge for the last 60 miles.

Support tried to help but even hard reboots did not work and ate up valuable time.