Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Infrastructure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile solar charger powers U. of Delaware EVs
u-del-solar-ev.jpg

I just obtained a 240 Volt / 32 Amp IEC 60309 (commando) socket and installed it in my garage.

Any passing UK owners are more than welcome to stop for a fill up. I'm pretty close to Winchester city centre and a short walk from Hotel du Vin, so there is plenty to keep you amused while you wait. PM me or find me on EV network.

4541944504_071319fc91.jpg

Chelsea on NPR's Marketplace

The new generation of electric cars

Two big auto companies are nearly ready to launch electric vehicles for the American market: GM's Chevy Volt debuts in November, Nissan's Leaf rolls out a month later; but is American ready to make the transition from gasoline-fueled cars to ones powered by electric batteries? Sarah Gardner reports.

Last edited:
The following was an article from the Chicago Sun-Times

May 24, 2010

BY MARY WISNIEWSKI The Ride

Electric car owners can now power up at Millennium Garages downtown.

With automakers unveiling electric battery cars over the next year and a Tesla dealership open downtown, Millennium decided to invest in electric car charging stations.

"We're trying to stay ahead of the curve here by making this available," said Millennium spokesman Matt Whitmire.

The stations are available for free until Aug. 1. After that, the cost to charge will be $1 to $2 per hour.

Cars that can use the "plug-in" station include the Tesla and the upcoming 2011 Chevy Volt and the Nissan Leaf. It takes a Tesla six to eight hours to charge from a completely dead battery at the Millennium Garage, according to Whitmire.