Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Interrupted (MYP + Wall Connector + 60AMP Breaker)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am a new MYP owner as of a week and a half ago. I called an electrician off the Tesla reference site and had them install my Wall Connector. My run was super short. The electrician installed a 60 amp breaker in my outdoor panel tied to the meter and punched through to the interior wall and mounted the Wall Connector. The wire run was probably only 3-5 feet. I have received 3 Tesla Charging Interrupted Notifications in my week and a half of ownership. After receiving the notification I login to the app and charging seems to pick right back up and works fine. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. Charging is currently set to 48amps. I did try pulling the face off the wall connector once. Everything looked secure with 3 wires. Any suggestions?

I've had this happen once to me lately. In my case I went into the app and it was already back to charging (if it was ever interrupted at all). You can also have this notification come up if you're using scheduled charging and you pull the cable out before it gets to the charge limit. So double check the timestamp to make sure that the notification isn't old.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. I'd also restart the car (both thumbwheels on the steering wheel held down until black screen), couldn't hurt anything and might actually fix the issue.

Reactions: rmlinnovator
I've had this happen once to me lately. In my case I went into the app and it was already back to charging (if it was ever interrupted at all). You can also have this notification come up if you're using scheduled charging and you pull the cable out before it gets to the charge limit. So double check the timestamp to make sure that the notification isn't old.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. I'd also restart the car (both thumbwheels on the steering wheel held down until black screen), couldn't hurt anything and might actually fix the issue.
I did catch this once and did notice the charging did in fact stop for 1-2 seconds. When I opened the app I saw that it was climbing back up from 0 amps to 48amps and then charged perfectly fine. I'll try the restart to see if that does anything. All and all charging is working fine but has been interrupted these few times for whatever reason.