Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Issue Level 2 at Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neither 2020.36.15 or 2020.36.16 fixed my 32 amp charge limit on my RWD LR M3. Tesla Engineering has now diagnosed my situation as h/w and scheduled me for a PCS replacement. So in my case it was determined to be a h/w problem that was being masked for a while by the known firmware bug. The tech. did say though that >99% of these cases where firmware.

I am still having this same issue with my Model Y even on 2020.40.3. I.e. my Tesla Mobile Charger works, but my EnelX Juicebox, which had worked for 9 months, now just never starts charging and after a few seconds stops trying to send current. Tesla service tells me to call an electrician, but after reading a few others' experience here, I am (1) crossing fingers that 2020.40.4 will fix this, or (2) hoping that a service technician can diagnose this in-person as a possible PCS issue, but I have a feeling they are going to cancel my appointment.

Neither 2020.36.15 or 2020.36.16 fixed my 32 amp charge limit on my RWD LR M3. Tesla Engineering has now diagnosed my situation as h/w and scheduled me for a PCS replacement. So in my case it was determined to be a h/w problem that was being masked for a while by the known firmware bug. The tech. did say though that >99% of these cases where firmware.

Car back from service. New PCS (ASY, PCS, 1PH, MDL3) and replaced HV Battery Power Conversion System Fuse. Charging perfectly again at 48 Amps!